Before you embark on a planned giving gift, we want to make sure the decision is right for you. Please read the points below as you consider a planned giving gift.
Contact us to receive more information about leaving a legacy of hope and healing through the ministry of Global Assist.
Simply speaking, legacy planning is the process of thinking ahead to give a gift at a later date. Wise legacy planning helps improve your financial position and effectively uses your financial resources to bring positive change to the lives of people in the world in a way that may not be possible during your lifetime. Your gift will help Global Assist continue its mission to evangelize and disciple the unreached people groups of the world.
Wills, life insurance, gift annuities, gifts of stocks and other assets are only a few of the ways that you can make a planned gift to Global Assist
There are numerous benefits to giving a planned gift:
- By deciding to leave a legacy and sharing that decision with your family and friends you are teaching them the importance of giving and what is important to you.
- By establishing or contributing to an endowment fund you can continue the legacy of your life through future generations.
- Wise gift planning helps you and your family make a gift to a charitable cause of your choice that is much larger than is otherwise possible.
- Planning your gift ahead of time will ensure significant tax benefits for you and your family while ensuring financial security for those you love.
- Charitable giving helps you to reduce capital gains tax.
- Most of all, you will know that you are investing your financial legacy into the lives of those who need it most. Your planned legacy helps Global Assist build a long term and sustainable program to help children, adults and families that need the Gospel.
- And finally, it is a stewardship decision. It gives you the opportunity to reinvest the blessings that God has entrusted to you and place it back into the work of His Kingdom.
Listed below is more information on the most common types of planned gifts that you can give to Global Assist (GA).
Gifts in Wills
You can make a significant difference in the lives of men, women, families and children simply by remembering Global Assist in your Will. A gift to GA within your Will can be easily accomplished. Examples of the various forms of gifts that may be made include: General Bequest, Residual Bequest, and a Contingent Bequest.
Global Assist offers a free "Will Planning Kit" to assist with this process. To obtain your copy, please contact Global Assist and request your free kit.
There are many ways by which a gift of life insurance can be made to Global Assist These include transferring ownership of the policy or naming Global Assist as the beneficiary.
A Gift of Securities/Stocks
A gift of shares to Global Assist is not only a great way to help people in India and other countries but can also save you money by reducing your or your estate's capital gains tax payments. A gift of shares can be made immediately or through your Will, whichever works best for you.
A gift annuity enables you to provide a gift to a charity while you receive guaranteed payments during your lifetime. While the annuity rates will be determined by your age and the prevailing interest rates, they will generally be competitive with the return you would receive if you invested the gifted assets. In addition there are attractive tax benefits associated with the purchase of an annuity.
Other Legacy Options
Global Assist accepts other types of planned gifts of assets or property. Please contact us.
A planned gift is an important decision and we at Global Assist want to make sure the decision is right for you and your family. Here are some points to consider:
- Pray about it — we want you to know you are doing God's will in choosing Global Assist as a recipient of your gift.
- Discuss your decision with family; bring them on board with your wishes and your decision.
- Contact your lawyer and/or financial advisor. They are professionals working for you and will guide your decision to make a gift and help in drafting your Will. They can also assist you with other planned giving options.
- Feel free to contact Global Assist if you have any questions about making this gift. We will be happy to talk to you at any time. If you want your gift to go to a specific project, we can provide you with the correct wording prior to drafting your Will to make sure your wishes are carried out.
- Choose an executor(s) that you feel comfortable with and trust to carry out your wishes. Discuss your decisions with them. This gives them an opportunity to understand what you want and why these gifts are important to you.
- Gather all important documents together, store them safely and let your executor(s) and/or those with power of attorney know where they are.
- Above all, feel at peace with the decision you have made. You worked long and hard to acquire the assets that you have. You need to know you have made the right decisions in their distribution. Let the Holy Spirit guide you and give you the wisdom you need.
Thank you for your interest in Global Assist and in exploring some planned giving options. If you have any further questions or you would like to request your free will planning kit, please contact us at:
P.O. Box 57393
Lincoln, NE 68505
This publication is designed to provide information about estate planning and will preparation. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought.